no right click

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Update On Unboxed Parts

I did not get a chance to really stop and document the process of replacing the daughterboard on the Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop like I had hoped.  I wound up replacing it on a whim when the old one failed fully leaving us unable to charge the laptop at all.  I do have a picture of the laptop disassembled on the kitchen table that I will upload later.

Here is the new part that is in the laptop now.  The center portion of the power connector was broken off and the metal pins bent and then one finally broken.



I was able to get the laptop reassembled and it working order with only one real hitch.  I wound up taking it back apart the next day to better secure the connector for the power button, which had come loose.

This photo shows why techs charge so much to do a laptop repair.  This is right after the old broken part came out.



I have not yet done anything with the DD-WRT or component installations yet and still hope to film at least a portion of them for YouTube and take pictures for here.





361259_Buy Direct and SAVE on Mad Catz products

No comments:

Post a Comment