no right click

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel Advance II High Performance Gaming Mouse

I recently recieved a Cooler Master Sentinel Advance II gaming mouse and while the mouse is marketed as a gaming mouse, I took it into work to begin using it in an everyday manner, just as I had with the Razer Naga Hex that I reviewed previously.

Image Courtesy of CMStorm.com

Sentinel Advance II specifications:
Model Number                SGM-6010-KLLW1
Available Color               Grey
Form Factor                    Right Hand Ergonomic
Sensor                            Avago ADNS-9800 Laser Sensor
Programmable Button     8
Onboard Memory            128 KB
Polling Rate                    1000 Hz /1 ms
Velocity                          Up to 150 ips
Acceleration                    30 g
Dimensions                     83.6(L)x135(W)x40(H) mm
3.3(L)x5.3(W)x1.6(H) inch
Weight                           139 g / 0.31 lbs

I think initially the things that the Sentinel has over the Naga for everyday use would be a more conventional button layout, with the typical two buttons on the side and the fact that the DPI is adjustable on the fly.  The Sentinel is also easier to switch between profiles, each with it's own DPI, button layout, color scheme, and even logo on the LED.

The software is fairly intuitive to use to set the preferences for each of the profiles and the Sentinel does not require you to download software and log into an account to access your profiles, as they are all saved locally on the the devices 128KB of memory.

The profile that I am currently using has the DPI settings of 1600, 3200, 5400, and 6600, which can be scrolled through using buttons on the mouse.

While I have not had a chance to use the Sentinel with any games yet, I have no doubt that it will be similar to my experience with the Razer Naga Hex, minus having the six side buttons to switch my weapons on Fallout New Vegas.  I will be sure to experiment with the adjustable DPI levels during game play, which I think will be nice going from areas (or games) that have more fast paced action that require quicker movements to some that need more precision and speed is not as much of a factor.

That is all the thoughts I have for now, I am hoping to make a video soon comparing the Sentinel Advance II with my Razer Naga Hex and their software more in depth.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment